OUR HIGH-QUALITY APPROACH
Our translations are characterised by thorough quality control in every aspect of our translation process.
Talented native speaker translators and revisers
Our translator database consists of a worldwide network of talented translators who only translate into their native language and who meet the following criteria:
- A recognised higher education degree in translation
- At least two years of documented experience translating
- Specialised in a specific domain
- Use of SDL Trados Studio or another CAT tool that is compatible with SDL Trados Studio
Our translation services include translation and revision for each project. Every translation is carefully checked by an experienced reviser who looks for interpretation, grammar, spelling, terminology, style and layout errors. These revisions also allow us to permanently evaluate the quality of our translators’ work and to make adjustments.
Translations in your jargon and corporate style
Whether it be technical manuals, annual reports, sales brochures, internal documents or websites, companies attach great importance to their documentation. The content must be correct, the tone and style of the text must be appropriate and the document’s layout must be perfect. At AKIRA Translations we share your concern. Translation is more than simply converting words into other words. It is our mission to seamlessly convert your message and style into any language.
- Before we assign a translation project to a translator, the project is analysed in detail. Based on the domain of the text, a suitable translator is selected. For example, a technical manual will be translated by a translator who only translates technical manuals in this domain. Due to his or her experience, this translator is aware of the correct terminology in this domain. A legal text is translated by a legal translator, a financial annual report by a financial translator, etc.
- By focusing our attention on profound preparation, nothing is left up to chance. We pay attention to the subject of the text and the layout of each document.
- Reference materials such as terminology lists, technical standards or legislation are consulted and used for the translation. The same terminology is adopted.
Advanced translation software – SDL Trados Studio
SDL Trados Studio allows us to save all your translated sentences in a translation memory. This memory is used for future translation assignments. This guarantees consistency in all your documents and allows us to deliver the translations faster and at a better price.
Every sector has its own jargon, every company its own terminology. Thanks to the SDL Trados tools for terminology management we create industry-specific and customer-specific glossaries. Your company-specific lexicon is stored in a database, which is then used by our translators and revisers for each assignment, thereby guaranteeing quality and consistency.
Thorough follow-up is sacred to us
For AKIRA Translations, quality control doesn’t stop when we deliver the translation. We encourage all our customers to have the translations checked by a native speaker in the company or by a branch or representative abroad. We are always happy to receive feedback. It enables us to meet your expectations even better during subsequent projects.